The Highlands Hub opened on Friday 8th April 2011. The vision was to provide a venue from which a sense of community could be built, and from which professional groups would be able to provide the advice and services needed within our local community, enabling people to change their lives for the better, and addressing the causes of deprivation in the immediate area. It is jointly funded by Hampshire County Council and Fareham Borough Council, but staffed by volunteers who are coordinated by St Columba church. It can be found at Highlands Road Shopping Centre, 103 Highlands Road, Fareham PO15 6HZ.
The Highlands Hub is a community café, with internet access and additional small meeting rooms on site from which services are provided to all members of our local community. We aspire to create an environment where everyone is welcome and which enables all people from our local community to easily access the advice and services they need to address the challenges of life.
The current opening hours are Tuesday to Friday, from 9.00am to 4.00pm and Saturday, from 10.00am to 1.00pm
Some of the services regularly available at The Highlands Hub are:
- OASIS Tea and Chat – every first Monday of the month at 2.00pm
- Citizens Advice Bureau – every Tuesday at 10.00am
- Lorraine Nails – every Tuesday at 10.30am
- Autism Group – every Wednesday at 10.00am
- MS Support Group – every first Wednesday at 11.30am
- Pastor Tapani Drop-In – every Wednesday at 10.30am
- One Community Drop-In – every first Thursday at 10.00am
- ‘Nutty Knitters’ – Friday mornings 9.00am-12.00 noon, an informal gathering of those who enjoy knitting over a cup of tea
- ‘Nutty Knitters’ – Saturday mornings 9.00am-12.00 noon, an informal gathering of those who enjoy knitting over a cup of tea
- Jumble Sale – every first Saturday of the month at 10.00am to 12 noon
- Occasional Neighbourhood Watch clinics (see the Hub Facebook page for details)
If you want to know more about volunteering with us (with no obligation!), please contact Penny Raymond (Manager), or contact The Highlands Hub direct (details below). Rooms available for meetings (regular or one-off). Please contact Penny for details of room rates.
Come and be part of God’s love in action in your local community!